Friday, February 5, 2010

In no particular order...

I have been thinking today about all the things I love and which things I would give up if I were forced to choose and I compiled a list in my brain of all those things. Miraculously, it managed to stay assembled in my brain from the time in the shower to the computer and so I now share it with myself (for later). Of course I must make the standard disclaimer that this list does not include my wonderful husband, my delightful(!) children or my fantastic extended family (especially my sis M, who shares my brain). So in no particular order I give you my Ten Favorite Things...

1. Unlimited hot water from our tankless water heater. Need a quick shower? No problem! Need a 45 minute steam filled escape from the rascals? Come on in...the water is HOT!

2. Dark chocolate. Especially Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles, Milky Way Midnight Minis, and York Peppermint Patties. YUM!!!

3. Mod Podge. There are not enough words to chronicle how much I love modpodge and what you can do with it. You can cover shoes with new fabric, make Christmas ornaments, special day countdown blocks, vases...the possibilities are endless!

4. Current event blogs and stuff. I love knowing that even if it is rainy (it is right now) or cold (that too) or my kids would give the devil a run for his money (they usually want to), I have a connection to a bigger world and can managed to carry on a relatively coherent conversation with a human.

5. Crafting blogs. I always love new ideas and the feedback from other crafters about what works and what is a disaster. Thanks for taking the hit and then posting the success so that my craft can turn out great the first time. I love to use Atlanta Thread and Supply for all my sewing staples like thread, machine needles and scissors. They usually get the stuff to me in 1 day and they have great prices!

6. illy Coffee. My sweet heavenly deliciousness! I save my illy for bad days and extra special occasions to make it last as long as possible (its pricey, but worth it!). If I ever offer it to you at my house, you can know that you are a guest of honor.

7. Jeans that fit just right. Specifically 7 For All Mankind.
They are to die for and I think if I made it on What Not to Wear, I would spend all the money on 7 jeans and a pair of cowboy boots. I do love my Old Navy jeans that I got on clearance for $15 a pair and run a close second to my $125.00 7's.

8. Bread. Panera makes the most delicious french and whole grain baguette and they are best with good cheese, Nutella, or butter slathered on top. I think this accounts for the extra 20 pounds still clinging to my body!

9. Cooking. It never feels like work to me and relaxes me so much. As our kids get older, it is a joy to work together in the kitchen making something for daddy to take to work to share or trying a new dinner recipe that they are more willing to eat since they helped with it. You would be surprised at how sophisticated a child's palate can become when they taste along the way. J can pick out many herbs and flavors in dishes since he began cooking with me. P.S. We are having New England boiled dinner tonight and I am already drooling with the thought of melt in your mouth corned beef and vegetables!

10. A clean house. Sometimes I love that I did all the work and sometimes I love that I just walked into a clean house that I did nothing to achieve (thanks sweet husband of mine!). It helps me sleep better, everyone is in a better mood and I just feel more relaxed when everything is ordered. I wish this happened more...

(Bonus!)11. Math! Can't get enough! Don't be too mean to me now that I have outed myself as a nerd. I have math apps on my Touch for when I am stressed out. There is something so relaxing and ordered about math. It is not subject to opinions of others, it is what it is. 2+2 is always 4 and I love that about math.

So there you have it. Tag, you're it! What are your faves in your life?


Here is a little bonus of J* working on her favorite things list. She loves the computer! Happy Rainy Friday...

Edited to add: In watching this video (and enjoying how delicious little miss baby is) I realize I need to explain the corner of this room! Sis M was staying with me for the integration period for J2 and her 2 suitcases vomited up their contents as soon as she opened them. IT WAS CRAZY how much stuff came out, but I would have that any day to have M back here again! In her defense, it was all of her Christmas gifts for 2 sides of family and stuff for over a month with weather in GA and in TX (she gets a pass from me).

No comments: